Thursday, April 22, 2010

Banning--Lit blog for 4/23

For my part in our presentation I did banning of commercials. One I found that was banned was for a Mercedes. A blond is in a library and goes up to the front desk and asks for a burger, fries, and a milkshake. The librarian says this is a library. The blond looks around at everyone around her....then in a whisper says can I have a burger, fries, and a milkshake. Now I think it's obvious this commercial was banned because some blonds found it offensive. Some people just seem to blow things out of proportion. The commercial was a joke and meant to be funny. Some people just can't take a joke I guess because it was banned. To me, people are always going to have different ideas and different opinions. We're never going to all agree on something, but that doesn't mean we just go and ban everything like they did with books in Fahrenheit 451. I think people need to always be open to new and different ideas. It helps us all to learn and grow at people and as a society.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. Part of being an individual is having different views. That is what creates opinions and creates diversity in our society. It is definitely important that people realize that not everyone has to agree on something, but it is not necessary to remove it completely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True i agree, When i was doing my part I understand that alot of video games should be banned and i feel like unlike books video games get away with alot more..who in their right mind would have a game that raped a mother and daughters

    ReplyDelete